What is AAUW?
American Association of University Women (AAUW) is a nationwide network of more than 170,000 members and donors, 1,000 branches, and 800 college/university institution partners. For 135 years, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the state and federal public policies affecting women.
About Our Branch
- Our Mission Statement: AAUW advances gender equity for women and girls through research, education, and advocacy.
- The Ballwin-Chesterfield Branch is a nationally recognized major contributor to the AAUW Fund.
- Ballwin-Chesterfield has funded two Research and Projects Grants, and awards scholarships to local mature women returning to their undergraduate degree programs after time away from school.
- AAUW is involved in fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political (but never partisan!). Our commitment to our mission is reflected in all aspects of our work.
- Our branch was founded in 1981. Read about our branch’s history here.
- AAUW Ballwin-Chesterfield is a member of the Metropolitan St. Louis Inter-Branch Council.
AAUW Core Values involved when considering support are:
- Fact based, and
- focused upon Integrity, Inclusion & Intersectionality.