Come To A Meeting!
Guests are ALWAYS welcome! Branch meetings are held, unless otherwise noted, at Trinity Lutheran Church, 14088 Clayton Rd. (at Woods Mill Road), Chesterfield MO 63017, on second Thursdays from September through April, and in July. See notes from our last ‘meeting’ below.
Our Program Committee does a great job in selecting topics for the meetings that are at once consistent with AAUW’s mission statement, and also captivating for our members.
See The Schedule of Branch Programs for 2019-2020
Directions: From Route 141 & Clayton Road, go east on Clayton 0.3 miles. Turn right into Trinity Lutheran Church. Drive to the rear entrance. Facing the back of the building, enter through the door to the left.
Meeting Schedule (Check the calendar for exceptions):
- 9:00 AM- sign-ups, social time and registration;
- 9:30- Business Meeting
- 10:30- Speaker
- 11:30- Adjournment
MEETINGS ARE CANCELED UNTIL WE ARE ADVISED THAT IT IS SAFE TO DO SO. HOWEVER…..
the AAUW BC board did meet today, April 3, 2020, via ZOOM. President Jan Horner presided, and the following items were discussed:
- Finance Officer would like all expenses and budget request by May 1
- Program committee is in holding pattern for getting speakers assigned for next year.
- NCWSSL is cancelled, but our branch-sponsored student (Nicole Callahan) would like to attend next year, if she can fit it into her schedule, and the funds will be held for her.
- Public Policy has many concerns with the coming election.
- Linda Kridel will join Marcia Block as co-chair of the Winter Fundraiser, but the event will be more of a FUNraiser.
- Dollars for Scholars has little opportunity to increase funds as long as this “stay-at-home” is in place.
- Spring Luncheon is cancelled. We know next year’s event will be fabulous.
- STEM knows the Science Fair will be held as a virtual event. Details will be given at a later date.
- University Liaison committee will be given the opportunity to support as many scholarships next year as we had for 2019-2020. Finance Officer will find operating fund money for this local support.
- International Relations Lecture will be on ZOOM on April 14th with specific details given later.
STAY WELL, EVERYONE!