—It is our mission to advance gender equity for women and girls through research, education, and advocacy.
Come To A Monthly Meeting
Guests are ALWAYS welcome! Branch meetings are held, unless otherwise noted, at Trinity Lutheran Church, 14088 Clayton Rd. (at Woods Mill Road), Chesterfield MO 63017, on second Thursdays from September through April, and in July. See notes from our last meeting here.
Our Program Committee does a great job in selecting topics for the meetings that are at once consistent with AAUW’s mission statement, and also captivating for our members.
Directions: From Route 141 & Clayton Road, go east on Clayton 0.3 miles. Turn right into Trinity Lutheran Church. Drive to the rear entrance. Facing the back of the building, enter through the door to the left.
Regular Branch Meeting Schedule (Check the calendar for exceptions):
- 8:45 AM- sign-ups, social time and registration;
- 9:30- Business Meeting
- 10:30- Speaker
- 11:30- Adjournment
Next Meeting: September 12: Special Meeting to begin the 2019-2020 Branch Year (see below)
DON’T MISS THE SEPTEMBER MEETING THAT BEGINS THE NEW BRANCH YEAR! GUESTS AND PROSPECTIVE MEMBERS WELCOME!
- Tortilla wrap with colby cheese, ham, beef;
- Vegetarian with fresh veggies, gouda & Swiss cheese on stone wheat bread;
- Mesquite turkey with gouda cheese on a croissant.
** Vegan or Gluten free available upon request.
Gateway Human Trafficking (GHT) Event – September 24, 2019
“Now in existence for over five years, Gateway Human Trafficking (GHT), with initial support from an AAUW Ballwin-Chesterfield grant, continues to strive to expand its programs and offerings to the community. We hope that you will be able to take part in one or more of the many exciting events that we are offering this year and experience firsthand the pride we take in supporting our cause. We would like to invite you to support us by attending our first Annual Fundraising Dinner on Tuesday, September 24, 2019 from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm in Whitmoor Country Club at 1100 Whitmoor Dr, Weldon Spring, MO 63304. Your generosity will make a difference in our community by allowing us to continue in our work.” — Shima Rostami, GHT
Dollars For Scholars
Join us to go to Washington University Performing Arts Department’s musical theater production of this humorous play. There is free parking on the campus, but we will also carpool from Trinity. Sponsor: Roz Marx
*Doors open at 1:30 p.m. for a 2 p.m. start time. Carpooling from Trinity at 12:45 p.m.
Work Smart Initiative
Take the WORK SMART program and become an AAUW advocate! See how at WorkSmart Initiative.
These Ballwin-Chesterfield members have taken the course! They pose proudly with the publicity bookmarks.
32nd Annual Equality Day Brunch
- Sponsored by Missouri Women’s Network
- August 24, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Clayton Plaza Hotel
- AAUW contact Pat Shores
- Advertise in the event program using this FORM.
Join Our Branch!
About Our Branch
- Our Mission Statement: AAUW advances gender equity for women and girls through research, education, and advocacy.
- The Ballwin-Chesterfield Branch is a nationally recognized major contributor to the AAUW Fund.
- Ballwin-Chesterfield has funded two Research and Projects Grants, and awards scholarships to local mature women returning to their undergraduate degree programs after time away from school. Learn more about our branch, which was founded in 1981. Read about our branch’s history here.
- AAUW Ballwin-Chesterfield is a member of the Metropolitan St. Louis Inter-Branch Council.
What is AAUW?
American Association of University Women (AAUW) is a nationwide network of more than 170,000 members and donors, 1,000 branches, and 800 college/university institution partners. For 135 years, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political. Our commitment to our mission is reflected in all aspects of our work.
AAUW Values are:
- Inclusion & Intersectionality
There are many ways to support our mission. Learn More