NEXT MEETING: January 11, 2024.
The November Branch Meeting was called to order by Sage Taber, President.
BRANCH MEETING RECAP
- The Regional Conference was a great success! Several members shared information about the conference and compliments for the leadership team. You can view the presentations and Swap Shop Sharing online at https://aauw-mo.aauw.net/swap-shops-sharing-branch-projects/
- Jean Light, Finance Officer, gave the current Operating Fund balance $25,995.97.
- DFS has several upcoming events: Coffee Concerts; International Relations (contact Marge Anderson or Nancy Pearson); and An Afternoon of Mahjong (Janet Sloey). More information to come.
- Membership announced a new member and welcomed a guest. Our current membership roster totals 138 members.
- Winter Party: The Sassy Soiree is coming soon! More info below.
- Elegant Edibles information for December was shared. More info below.
- AAUW Fund collection was held. You can still donate online.
- Public Policy has several focuses right now: Petition to raise minimum wage; Right to Read; Get Out the Vote.
SPEAKER: Dr. Ana Hernandez Kent spoke on the topic of “Women in the Economy: An Undeveloped Powerhouse.”