Join Our Branch!
About Our Branch
- Our Mission Statement: AAUW advances gender equity for women and girls through research, education, and advocacy.
- The Ballwin-Chesterfield Branch is a nationally recognized major contributor to the AAUW Fund.
- Ballwin-Chesterfield has funded two Research and Projects Grants, and awards scholarships to local mature women returning to their undergraduate degree programs after time away from school. Learn more about our branch, which was founded in 1981. Read about our branch’s history here.
- AAUW Ballwin-Chesterfield is a member of the Metropolitan St. Louis Inter-Branch Council.
What is AAUW?
American Association of University Women (AAUW) is a nationwide network of more than 170,000 members and donors, 1,000 branches, and 800 college/university institution partners. For 135 years, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political. Our commitment to our mission is reflected in all aspects of our work.
AAUW Values are:
- Inclusion & Intersectionality
Membership Dues For 2019-2020
The new AAUW year begins on July 1─current membership expires on June 30.
Willeyne Berger & Angela Janik, VPs-Membership
- National membership dues are now $59
- AAUW MO dues are $10
- Ballwin-Chesterfield branch dues are $22
- Total: $91
- $56 of the National dues are tax deductible
Many thanks to all members who have already renewed for next year. To help you plan to renew. See the following information from Finance Officer Pat Shores:
“The preferred method to renew is online. Go to AAUW.org, and type “renew my membership” in the Search window. Be sure to indicate that you are renewing as a member of a branch! An alternate method is to send your $91 check to Pat Shores. Write your check to AAUW; do not put B-C on the memo line.”
If you know that you will not be able to renew your membership for next year, please let Pat (firstname.lastname@example.org) know, so you will not receive a reminder email or call from a membership committee member.